At RMFI, we are committed to the highest standard of efficiency and accountability in achieving our mission. We hold ourselves accountable to our funders, partners, the public, and the natural areas in which we work. Every dollar donated is an investment that we take seriously. Over 80% of our funding goes directly to our hands-on restoration program work. In 2015, for every $1 spent on fundraising, we raised $34.
To ensure our practices meet the highest standard of accountability and responsibility, RMFI completed the Center for Nonprofit Excellence Standards for Excellence Course in 2011. As an additional testament to our commitment to transparency and accountability, RMFI recently achieved Guidestar Platinum status in May 2016 after reaching the Gold status in October 2014.
Over the last twenty years, RMFI has:
- Raised $5.9 million from public and private sources
- Worked with over 25,150 volunteers
- Recorded over 270,300 volunteer hours
- Repaired over 100 miles of trail
- Constructed thousands of rock steps
- Restored miles of riparian habitat
- Contributed over $6.8 million worth of volunteer time for the stewardship of our public lands