The Rocky Mountain Field Institute is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Rocky Mountain Field Institute promotes the conservation and stewardship of public lands in the Southern Rocky Mountain region through volunteer-based trail and restoration projects, environmental education and restoration research.
Rocky Mountain Field Institute envisions a world where our work fosters vibrant and healthy natural systems that are respected and cared for by the public.
- Inclusiveness in partnerships. We encourage strong and diverse partnerships through broad stakeholder and public participation.
- Integrity in actions. We are committed to holding ourselves to the highest degree of responsibility and accountability.
- Excellence in programs. We are committed to providing the highest standard of programming for our clients.
- Outdoor recreation and education. We respect the natural environment and seek to provide the opportunity for youth and adults to enjoy our natural world.
- Courage. In furthering our mission, we will have the courage to undertake difficult and complex projects.
- Science-based solutions. We are committed to furthering the field of restoration through the study and application of science-based solutions.
- Volunteerism. We will promote and encourage community participation through volunteerism.
- Generosity of others. We are committed to being responsible stewards of the time, money, and gifts entrusted to us.
- Minimizing our carbon footprint. We are committed to taking actions necessary to minimize our carbon impact on the earth.