- U.S. Forest Service Chief's Honor Award - Colorado Fourteeners Program - in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service, National Forest Foundation, and Colorado Fourteeners Initiative
- Colorado Open Space Alliance Blue Grama Award for Outstanding Achievement in Ecological Restoration or Recreation Management.
- Colorado College's Outstanding Community Partner Award.
- U.S. Forest Service Rise to the Future Collaborative Integrated Aquatic Stewardship Award (recognizing our role in the Bear Creek Roundtable).
- Stewardship Award from the Guardians of Palmer Park.
- Nominated for the Arbor Day Foundation's Forest Lands Leadership Award.
- Mayor's Young Leader Award, Future Industries Category (Jennifer Peterson, RMFI Executive Director)
- Colorado Springs Business Journal Rising Star Award (Joe Lavorini, RMFI Program Director)
- Coalition for Recreational Trails Annual Achievement Award - Construction & Design category (Blanca-Ellingwood Point Trail Project)
- Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education Higher Education Award(Earth Corps Program)
- Colorado Open Space Alliance Blue Grama Award - Ecological Management Program (Garden of the Gods Restoration Program)
- US Forest Service Chief's Honor Award - Promoting Recreation
- US Forest Service Chief's Honor Award - Meeting America's Need
- Southern Colorado Conservation Awards Winner- The Stewardship Award
- El Pomar Award for Excellence, finalist
- Bureau of Land Management Utah Youth Program Partnership Award
- Recognition of Service and Commitment to Volunteerism, State of Colorado
- Annual Achievement Award, Coalition for Recreational Trails (Crestone Needle and Humboldt Peak Project)
- USDA Forest Service Bob Marshall Champion of Wilderness Award (Rocky Mountain Region Wilderness Planning)
- USDA Forest Service Bob Marshall Champion of Wilderness Award (South Colony Lakes Basin Restoration Project)
- City Council of Colorado Springs Resolution of Appreciation (Preservation of Garden of the Gods)
- Partnership Award, Colorado State Trails Program (Garden of the Gods Community Restoration Program)
- Public Lands Partnership Award, Bureau of Land Management (Protection and Conservation of Utah's Public Lands)
Partnership for Community Design Award (Garden of the Gods Restoration Report)
- Nominee, National Trails Partnership Award
- Nominee, National Trails State of the Art Technology Award
6th National Wilderness Conference Presenter: RMFI selected as 1 of 3 partnership models nationwide for presentation
Volunteer Service Award, U.S. Department of Interior
Metro Region Stewardship Award, Colorado Division of State Parks and Outdoor Recreation