DENVER - The Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) Board awarded $20 million in grants to projects across Colorado on Friday.
In total, this round of grants will:
- Invest in 40 projects in 28 counties
- Impact more than 43,000 youth
- Create approximately 1,000 jobs
- Plant more than 3,600 trees, shrubs, and flowering plants
- Conserve 31,186 acres of land and 140 miles of rivers
- The majority of the funding just awarded, totaling $14.1 million, is dedicated to GOCO’s Inspire Initiative to get kids outside.
Nine community-based coalitions were awarded funding for places, programs, and pathways that will make the outdoors more accessible for all Colorado families. Coalitions spent the last 18 months empowering local youth to lead community engagement, research, and planning efforts to address their community’s specific barriers keeping local kids from getting outside.
Click here to read the full press release from GOCO.