The Rocky Mountain Field Institute is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, dedicated to the conservation and stewardship of public lands in Southern Colorado. RMFI is committed to protecting and enhancing the ecological health of our land and water resources by completing projects focused on watershed restoration, forest health, and sustainable recreation areas. By prioritizing the involvement of community volunteers and youth, RMFI envisions a world where our work fosters vibrant and healthy natural systems that are respected and cared for by the public.
Rocky Mountain Field Institute promotes the conservation and stewardship of public lands in the Southern Rocky Mountain region through volunteer-based trail and restoration projects, environmental education, and restoration research.
Rocky Mountain Field Institute envisions a world where our work fosters vibrant and healthy natural systems that are respected and cared for by the public.
- Inclusiveness in partnerships. We encourage strong and diverse partnerships through broad stakeholder and public participation.
- Integrity in actions. We are committed to holding ourselves to the highest degree of responsibility and accountability.
- Excellence in programs. We are committed to providing the highest standard of programming for our clients.
- Outdoor recreation and education. We respect the natural environment and seek to provide the opportunity for youth and adults to enjoy our natural world.
- Courage. In furthering our mission, we will have the courage to undertake difficult and complex projects.
- Science-based solutions. We are committed to furthering the field of restoration through the study and application of science-based solutions.
- Volunteerism. We will promote and encourage community participation through volunteerism.
- Generosity of others. We are committed to being responsible stewards of the time, money, and gifts entrusted to us.
- Minimizing our carbon footprint. We are committed to taking actions necessary to minimize our carbon impact on the earth.
In early 2015, RMFI embarked on a strategic planning process to better define and reaffirm our vision, goals, objectives, and measurable actions we are committed to implementing over the next 5 years as an organization. With input from board members, staff, and community volunteers, RMFI developed an ambitious plan for moving the organization forward to better position us to respond to the ever-growing and critical conservation and stewardship needs in Southern Colorado. We invite you to read through our strategic plan here.